Tuesday 10 February 2009

Surface...more important than I thought

Program tests were good today, albeit it limited. I now see why the surface (Material) is so important. The surface material has to allow a finger to slide over it with ease (Acrylic provides too much friction) and currently I am interfacing directly onto the acrylic. I even tried gloves to get that down, but they didn't displace the IR field.

So I need to come up with a few project flows and then try working on an application to bring together a few features. As always the community is fantastic. I'm now using openframeworks with tuio which is part of TBeta's blob tracking element. This is what allowed me to interface with the software running on the PC.

Testing all this will be difficult in the time I have available, but I hope to get a program up and running soon for show.

No comments:

Post a Comment