Tuesday 3 February 2009

LED Test = Green Light, Surface to

Well I've blacked out the room I'm making this in (So that the camera only picks up the infra red light from the touch screen and nothing else). I've started to make the surface, which I'm glad to say is coming along better than expected.

So now I'm about to put another layer of fabric onto the acrylic board which makes up the touch interface. It's pretty heavy at 10mm's and only about 25 inches wide (If you think about it like a monitor screen). The reason I mention it is because being so heavy isn't good for portability, but these touch screens should be mounted inside something, this is merely for test purposes.

Once I've added the first and second layer of fabric I'll be ready to add the LED's, which I'm glad to say, work!

No comments:

Post a Comment