Well it looks like my efforts to fix the problem haven't worked. I've re-installed the software and basically done everything I can think of bar re-installing my operating system to fix the problem. Mysteriously this bug has arisen with no major alterations BUT I do think a few MS updates may be the culprit.
Thankfully I found a set of flash files that do the job I am trying to do for me and I know they already work because I did a test run on these files before using tbeta. So this will be my method of delivery for the time being, though I'm hoping when I migrate to a laptop it will fix my issues, as the code I had looked pretty neat.
So now I have to set up the final bit of this project, with a projector and laptop free standing so it can be taken a part and moved around easily. I also need to test the software on some level, so this is going to be undertaken as well.
Ultimately conclusions and outcomes are purely qualitative and very subjective, but one thing I have seen so far with this software is a massive movement toward a new type of electronic art, which is quite amazing and has endless possibilities. I see the medium moving less toward technical areas like games design or production and more toward this free flowing creative area, though I think that really both areas would come to fruition if the right people were interested in using this hardware/software. However Autodesk are working with Multi Touch screens so we will see!